Langsung ke konten utama

Teaching Practice

A. Procedures of teaching
I taught from Monday to Friday, before I taught in the classroom, I did class observation and to be a teacher assistant. I observed the teaching and learning process for a week in the first week. At the second week, I was be a teacher assistant for helping the teacher to prepared the material, lesson plans and instructional media and controlled the class. I taught in third week, I prepared my lesson plan and sent it to my mentor before teaching in the class. I also prepared learning method, the material and instructional media for my teaching practice.

        B. Time Management and organizing activities
Time management and organizing activities is one of the most important things that teachers should have. The teacher should be able to manage the time start from the greetings, warming up,giving explanations about the material clearly,asking students to do the tasks, until conclude the material together with students. By time management, the teacher is able to control all activities undertaken during the learning process.

        C. Problem Solving
There are many problems that can arise in the classroom during the teaching and learning process. Starting from the students students who always play their mobile phone, students who always make noisy, students who was sleep, students who do not understand English language, until students who do not care about everything in the classroom. To solve those problem, teacher should have the best way. For example, when i had teaching and speaking English and many students didn’t understand English language, I used instructional media and body language for delivering the material of the topic to the students. It could help me to make sure the students to understand about the material. The next problem is if the students played their mobile phone during the lesson, I would take and keep their mobile phone. So they could not play their mobile phone again. For the students who always make noisy, as a teacher I asked the students to come in front of the class and asked them for making a sentence about the topic in the whiteboard or they would the sentence orally in front of the classroom. Then, as a teacher  I should have the best way or made a game to make the students keep spirit and interest to follow the teaching and learning process.

        D. Classroom management
Classroom management can be explained as the actions and directions that teachers use to create a successful learning environment, indeed having a positive impact on students achieving given learning requirements and goals. It is difficult aspect of teaching for many teachers. Teachers use classroom management to keep students focused on learning while preventing disruption from slowing the learning process. About classroom management, as a teacher, I should be able to controls the class and make sure that the students should  follow the lesson from beginning till the end. Teacher should be able to make the student enjoy and feel good to attended and follow the lesson. 


E. Lesson Plan

LESSON PLAN

School                         : Boon khum rat bum rung School
Teacher                       : AMIRATUR RAUDHAH
Learners                      : Secondary School Students Grade 8
Time                            : 60 Minutes
Topic                           : A lot of, Lots of, A Few, Few, A Little, Little

Learning Outcomes :
By the end of the lesson, students are able to identify a lot of, lots of, a few, few, a little, little and make sentences by the using A lot of, Lots of, A few, Few, A little, Little.

Materials :
1.      Textbook
2.      PPT Slides
3.      Pictures


Stage
Timing
Interaction
Procedure
Stage aim
Warm up
5
minutes
Ss  >> T
  • Students say greeting to the teacher

  •  Teacher plays a video and asks students to find the countable nouns and uncountable nouns .

  • Students listen carefully and find countable and countable noun

  • Teacher ask please mention countable nouns from video and please mention uncountable noun from video. 
To introduce the students to the topic
Presentation 20 minutes T >>Ss
  •  Teacher explains the students for using A lot of and Lots of
        “ A lot of / Lot of is used before countable nouns and uncountable nouns”

         “ A few is A few and few are used before countable noun. A  few means less, but it's enough
Few means less , but it is almost nothing"

          “A little and little are used before uncountable noun
A little means less, but it's enough. Little means less , but it is almost nothing”


  • Students listen teacher’s explanantion carefully.
To make students for undertanding the topic.
Practice 15 minutes
T  >>Ss
T >> S
Ss >>Ss
  •  Divide students  in group 6  student in each gruop.

  • Teacher gives example for making simple sentences

  • Let students make a simple sentence, like :
    “These are a lot of...”
    “These is  lots of...”
    “These are a few...”
    “These are few...”
    “This is a little....”
    “This is little....”

  • Teacher shows pictures and asks students orally to make a simple sentences from the picture.

  • Students will make  a simple sentence in a oral
To make sure that students understand the using of A lot of, lots of, A few, Few, A little, Little.
Production 15 minutes
T >> Ss
Ss >>Ss
Ss >> T
  • Teacher plays the video again.
  • Students listen again the video.

  • Teacher asks students for making a simple dialogue from the song, at least 5 nouns from the video with discussing with their friends.

A         : What do you  
              need ?
B         : I need.... (a lot   
              of/lots of/a
              few/few/a 
              little/little)

  • Let students for making a simple dialogue from noun of the song on a paper.
To measure students’ knowledge about the topic
Wrap-up
5
minutes
T >> Ss
  • Teacher summarizes the topic.

  • Teacher does closing.

  • Students say thank you to teachers.
To emphasize students understand and review the learning



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

CLOSING (Summary And Suggestion)

Assalamualaikum...                 For the closing, I only say thanks to you all and this project is very great. Because of this project, I have many new experiences from SEA-Teacher project in Thailand. I think my experiences of the project is very useful for my future. I may apply teaching system of Thailand  if I will be a teacher in Indonesia and because of this project my speaking English is more fluent than before. I am able to compare education system between Thailand and Indonesia. I learn many Thailand culture and Thai language. This is the best experiences ever. I never forget this. I will apply the teaching skills when I teach in Thailand in Indonesia. Not only that, I get new friends who are very kind and friendly.                Thank you so much for SEAMEO for making this project, so many teacher students get a chance for getting amazing experiences. Thanks a lot for Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University, because you receive me for studying at t

Third Week ( Teaching Practice and Evaluation Day)

            Sawaddi kha              Hi ! Hi ! Hi ! meet me again in my blog. I hope you aren't bored to visit my blog. I am very happy when you are read my blog and get kindness, information, knowledge and entertaining from my blog. Thank you so much for still reading my blog.                I think time is very fast . This is my third week in Thailand. I still practice teaching in this week. I teach primary students and lower secondary students. I am very excited teaching in Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School. And I get news from Miss Nina, my mentor that I get my evaluation day in this weeks. Ouhhhh I am very nervous but I must not be panic because I think I can do it. And, I say happy reading for my blog. I hope you are happy after reading this blog.  Thursday, August 16th 2018                After attending the ceremony, I had a class in primary grade 2. I would teach about color again. I have prepared my lesson plan, the materials and my mental for today. I w