Langsung ke konten utama

Second Week (Teaching Assistant and Teaching Practice)




                 Aloha...
 
             Meet me again in my blog. I will continue my blog about my activities in Sea-Teacher Project in Thailand. This my second week and my observation week have done, and I think I am success in my observation in Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung school. And I love this school because all people are so kind and friendly and not only people of Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung school and I love citizen, which around Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School because they are so nice, friendly, humble and helpful. Okay ,, I think that all my introduction for this blog and happy reading my daily activities during one week in second week.


Thursday, August 9th 2018

The celebration of Mother's day

               There was not learning activities for today. Today, this school celebrated Mother's day. Actually mother's day was on August 12th in Thailand, but it was fine if this school celebrated for this day. In mother's day, people wore blue as dress code for mother's day. And I saw all teachers wore blue blouse, blue shirt, blue skirt, blue dress and blue trousers. But, students still wore their uniforms. Not only teachers and students, a director also attended this celebration, she was very beautiful with her outfit.  In this morning all people were very busy. They prepared for this celebration. Many people did decoration for the stage. They decorated with Queen picture, many flowers, greeting cards,  As usual, teachers and student attended the ceremony. After the ceremony,  the celebration of mother's day started.

The stage of Mother's Day Celebration

             This event presented some students sang a song about mother, some students read a poetry about mother, and many more, and director made a speech about this event. Everybody was happy for celebrating mother's day. And I was happy too, and missed my mother. And I took some photos with teachers, my friends and students. We always loved our mother. And this celebration ended at 12.00 a.m and all students went home and I and my friends went to our dormitory.

 
Students sang a song about mother





Children were reading about the greeting cards


Friday, August 10 2018
Mr. Tam taught students for making sentences about clothes

                It was my first day to be a teaching assistant, I was very interesting about it. Today, my schedule was only one class, that was secondary students grade 9. The class started at 09.30 am. Mr. Tam taught students about clothes again and taught them about how to make a sentence from vocabularies of clothes. And I stood behind classroom for watching students. After Mr. Tam explained about the topic, he asked all students for making some sentences about clothes. I helped them if they didn't know about making the sentences. I walked around the classroom while I checked their task, if they got mistakes in writing, I told them to change it. And, at 10.30 am , the class was ended. Some students have finished their task and some students haven't finished their task. But, it was fine, they could continue in their home.

Students were studying about making sentences from vocabularies of clothes


             And I didn't have a class again. I came back to my office and do other activity , like writing a blog , making lesson plan , and discussing with Mr. Tam about teaching in the classroom. At 11.30 , as usual, I got lunch in canteen. After that, I prayed in library. I continued my duty in the office. I went to my dormitory at 15.30 pm.


Saturday, August 11th 2018
My buddies , my friends and I had holiday in JJ Green Park

              It was Saturday and the school is free. So, my friends and I had another planning. Yes, we got a weekend trip. And my buddies, Final and Poy invited us for visiting JJ Green and Chatuchak market. JJ Green was a beautiful park in Bangkok. Chatuchak market is one of famous market in Bangkok, which sell many things and all thing was sold with low price. We wanted to do window shopping and took many photos, because there were lots of pretty view at JJ Green Park. We went to there at 10.30 am. We went to Rangsit firstly. We went to Rangsit by Tuk Tuk. We had a lunch at Future Park before going to JJ Green.We met our buddies, namely Poy and Final in Rangsit. And then we took a van for going to JJ Green. Our trip to from Rangsit to JJ Green during an hour. I was very happy, we got refreshing at there. I saw many pretty view in JJ Green. Many people visited there in weekend.


We were very happy in JJ Green



I took a photo in JJ Green
               After we were tired for walking around JJ Green. We took a seat for a minutes. And we went to Chatuchak market. Oh.. It was so many people at there, especially most of them were tourists. Tjere were many things  from foods, clothes, cosmetics, and others. I bought some souvenirs, likes key ring, mini wallet, a watch. And after this, I went back my dormitory. It was very tired but I was happy for this day.


Sunday, August 12th 2018

            

              This was Sunday and I didn't have a plan about teaching and holiday. So, I decided that today I was in dormitory and didn't go anywhere. But My friends suggested me to go to Chatuchak again, they wanted to buy something at there. And I called my buddy, namely Banana. She was my buddy in Thailand, she said we would meet in Chathucak market. So, My friends and I went to Chatucak by a van. After we arrived, several minute later, banana came and we shopped toghether. This day, I bought a bag, a shoes, some foods, and after that, we took a bus. The bus was very fast. We went to Big C, and we had a luch at there, because we were very hungry and tired.


We got a lunch in Big C

Monday, August 13th 2018
             This Monday, school was closed, because this day was compensatory holiday of Mother's day. And I really didn't have a plan. I just did usual work for today. I cleaned my dormitory, washed my clothes, washed my dishes, took a nap. I didn't travel today although it was holiday. This day, I prepared myself for tomorrow, because tomorrow I would practice teaching in the classroom. I was not patient for tomorrow and I was a little nervous. But, I thought I was ready for practice teaching tomorrow.

Tuesday, August 14th 2018

I practiced teaching in Primary School grade 2
    
              It was amazing. I practiced teaching in first time. Mr. Tam told me , I would teach in primary grade two (P.2/2). And the topic is color. Before I taught the topic, I did the warming up to the students. I asked them to count 1 until 20 and  I asked them to mention names of days and names of months. Next, I taught them the topic. Firstly, I asked them whether they knew about color before , so they answered "yes" and mentioned names of color one by one. and I asked what their favorite color. I wrote the names of color and I asked them to repeat after I read. And I spelled it. And I asked my students to spell the name of colors. And I asked one of students for standing and read and spelled the names of color.


               Next, I thought my students understood about color. And I gave them exercise which related with color, namely students colored some pictures and wrote down the names of color. I got around the classroom while I watched they did their exercise. They were happy for doing the exercise. And, I didn't feel when it was finished. And, I asked students for mentioning the names of color together and the class was over, students said "thank you" to me and I replied "you're welcome". So, I went out the classroom. 

I asked my students for counting 1-20


My students read and spelled the name of colors

I watched them when they did their exercise


             I had next class in secondary class, that was class of M. 2/1. I wanted to be a teaching assistant at there. This day, Mr. Tam didn't taught at there, so Ms. Bam who is teachers students from VRU taught them and I helped her for watching the students. This day, Ms. Bam only reminded students the previous topic and gave them the exercise and I watched them and helped students for doing the exercise. And after the class was over , my activities of this day was done , so I got back to office.

Wednesday, August 15th 2018
                 Today is sport day, so I wore sport custom. Not only me, all teachers, students and students teachers wore sport custom. I have three classes, like grade 8, the class name was M.2/1. M.2/2, and the grade 9, the class name was M.3/1.   but I only taught in grade 9 (M.3/1). I didn't teach in M.2/1 and M.2/2 because Ms Bam would teach at there. And I only accompanied her while teaching at there. I helped for securing the class. Now, students studied about many and much. Students listened ti the Ms. Bam's explanation. Bam was very serious about it and Students understood about difference and using many and much because of her explanation. And my duty was only observed them and I assisted them if they still confused about the topic and assist them for  doing the task about many and much.M.2/1 and M.2/2 had same topic. So, I did almost same activity in both of the class.
             After getting lunch, I must practiced teaching in grade 9 (M.3/1). I taught them about listening skills. So, I must prepared the material, likes some pictures, a video, worksheets, and lesson plans. My topic was listening a video about Miss Universe 2014 interview. Firstly, I gave my students warming up about pictures about Korea in PPT slides. And I asked them "do you ever see this ?" "Where do you see? "and others. I showed the pictures of Korean National House, Boyband of Korea, and the picture of Ye Bin Yo, Miss Universe 2014 from Korea. MY students were very excited for answering my question, they said " yes, it was from Korea", "Yes, I ever see", "they were very handsome", and others. And then, I gave my students the worksheets. The worksheet was about True or False Question. And I explained them for answering the question.  I played the video and students answered the worksheet. After they finished. We checked the question together, and I chose a student for reading the question, each student read one question. And, I taught them to pronounce the word that they couldn't read well. And time was over and I have done for my activities of that day.

I gave some pictures about Korea before students listened to a video about Miss Universe Korea interview

           
I asked my students for listening the video carefully and answering the question correctly


                Finally, Finally, Finally.

                  My activities for second week is done. I am very interesting about it. And I think teaching is easy if we know the trick of teaching and We are friendly to the students. And I wish you likes this blog, and don't forget for sharing and giving comments for my blog. See you again in my next blog about my activities in SEA-Teacher Project in Thailand. Bye Bye...

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Third Week ( Teaching Practice and Evaluation Day)

            Sawaddi kha              Hi ! Hi ! Hi ! meet me again in my blog. I hope you aren't bored to visit my blog. I am very happy when you are read my blog and get kindness, information, knowledge and entertaining from my blog. Thank you so much for still reading my blog.                I think time is very fast . This is my third week in Thailand. I still practice teaching in this week. I teach primary students and lower secondary students. I am very excited teaching in Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School. And I get news from Miss Nina, my mentor that I get my evaluation day in this weeks. Ouhhhh I am very nervous but I must not be panic because I think I can do it. And, I say happy reading for my blog. I hope you are happy after reading this blog.  Thursday, August 16th 2018                After attending the ceremony, I had a class in primary grade 2. I would teach about color again. I have prepared my lesson plan, the materials and my mental for today. I w

CLOSING (Summary And Suggestion)

Assalamualaikum...                 For the closing, I only say thanks to you all and this project is very great. Because of this project, I have many new experiences from SEA-Teacher project in Thailand. I think my experiences of the project is very useful for my future. I may apply teaching system of Thailand  if I will be a teacher in Indonesia and because of this project my speaking English is more fluent than before. I am able to compare education system between Thailand and Indonesia. I learn many Thailand culture and Thai language. This is the best experiences ever. I never forget this. I will apply the teaching skills when I teach in Thailand in Indonesia. Not only that, I get new friends who are very kind and friendly.                Thank you so much for SEAMEO for making this project, so many teacher students get a chance for getting amazing experiences. Thanks a lot for Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University, because you receive me for studying at t