Langsung ke konten utama

Forth Week (Teaching, Field Trip and Cultural Exchange)




                Annyeonghaseyo....

                Hi readers, This my last week in Thailand for SEA-Teacher Program. I will finish my work in Thailand. Actually, I am dilemma because I am happy I will finish my work in Thailand and I will come back to Indonesia. But, I am sad because I will leave Thailand. I will leave my students, my buddies, my mentor and my roommates. I love society in Phatum Thani, I miss them too. Hiks.. hiks.. hiks.. I will miss them and all about Thailand Thailand is a great country. And I will have a plan for visiting Thailand again.  Thailand, wait for me. This entry will tell you about my activities in forth week. And, in schedule, There are not only teaching activities that I get for this week. I have filed trip with lectures of VRU and all participant of SEA Teacher in VRU. And then, I attend farewell party and I do the performance with my friends at there. Okay, I hope you are glad after reading my blog. Happy reading, readers...



Thursday, August 23rd 2018






                This day, I would teach in primary school and secondary school. The first was primary school at 8.30 a.m. I taught in grade 2 primary school. I loved primary students because they were cute and they liked for hugging me if they met me. I would taught  about my clothes. I gave them the vocabularies about clothes. Before I gave the material. I asked my students for doing warming up. My students counted 1-20, mention names of days and months,vocabularies of color, vocabularies of my face. Hmm.... I liked them because they remembered all and mentioned them fluently. 


My students needed my assist for doing their excercises

               I drew some pictures of clothes, likes blouse, shorts, socks, trousers, shirt, t-shirt. And my students guessed what I drew. They could guessed them but they said in Thai language.  And I told them in English and wrote them in the whiteboard. And I asked my students for reading and spelling the vocabularies. And then, I directed them for doing the exercises from textbook. The exercise talked about clothes. Students matched the pictures with the words about clothes. My students wrote names of clothes based on pictures, and then they colored the pictures of clothes. After they finished, I collected their books and I would check it. And , My students and I had wasted one hour for studying this day. So, time was over, and I closed the class, I asked my students for reading clothes vocabularies together. Oh my God! it was my last time for teaching them. I would miss them so much at Indonesia. I loved you my students in Primary school grade 2. 

              My teaching schedule wasn't finished for that day. Before getting lunch, Miss Bam told me for teaching in Secondary school grade 8 at 12.30 a.m. Yes, the time was after I had lunch. I taught it was very interesting, because I had prepared the material, and the topic was classroom objects. This lesson focused on vocabularies. So I would give them the pictures, words, and others about classroom objects. First of all, studying was opened by opening section likes greetings. And then, I showed a picture  in the Tv Plasma, and then I asked them "what are we called it ?" or I said "What is it ?" or "what is the name of it ?", and my students answered it correctly and I improved pronunciation or articulation if they read incorrectly. Not, only that, I asked my students for making a sentence from the vocabularies, my students said " I have two pens" or "This is a book". and others. After that, I made a games, namely bingo games. So, Miss Bam helped me for preparing games material for Bingo games.

I showed the picture and my students guessed the name

My students tried for saying a sentence which related with the picture.

              I started the games with divided all student to be some groups. Each group got one paper that consist of  classroom objects pictures. And then, my students got tools as a landmark for the pictures. Every paper which the team got was different with other team. And then, I said the word one by one and my students signed the picture based on I said with the tools. And then, if the tools made a line as horizontal or vertical or diagonal, and one of group said "Bingo" so Miss Bam checked it and they won. Bingo games made students to be fun for studying and through bingo games, students didn't realized that they memorized the vocabularies of classroom objects and students weren't bored in the classroom. After finishing, my students and I did closing section and my activities was finished. 


Friday, August 24th 2018


             It was reading literacy, so there was not studying activities in the classroom or out the classroom. It happened from morning until lunch time, after that, students did studying activities again. All students did reading literacy. Reading literacy was a test from ministry of education in Thailand. Students did reading literacy twice for a semester. Reading literacy consisted of reading test and writing test, and the test about Thai language. This test was used for measure students' ability about Thai language.Grade 1,2 and 3 for primary students did writing and reading test, but grade 5 and 6 for primary students and grade 7, 8, and 9 for secondary students did reading test. The teachers would checked the test result and gave the score to the ministry of education. Mr Tam said that education of Thailand had many tests for the students. So, reading literacy was one of them. 

            My schedule was at 09.30 a.m. in secondary school grade 9 for that day, this time was still reading literacy, so I only did my private tasks in the office, because there was no learning and teaching activities from 8.30 a.m. until 12.30 a.m. I didn't practice teaching that day.



Saturday, August 25th 2018

                This Saturday was filed trip. VRU had confirmed us for the schedule. The field trip was started from morning until afternoon. My friends and I were very glad about this field trip. Last night, Miss Nina told me that the van picked up us at 8.00 am. So, we might not be late. My roommates, my buddies and I waited for a VRU van at 7 am. Our trip was in Bangkok. We wanted explored Bangkok with all participants, buddies and lectures of VRU. We wasted about an hour from Phatum Thani to Bangkok.

We were in front of Wat Ratchanadda


                 Firstly, we explored a temple that has Pagoda in Bangkok, the name of the temple was Wat Bowonniwet Vihara, it was very beautiful. We took many photos at there. And I surrounded the place and took pictures. The temple was very amazing and beautiful. After that, we went to other place, we go to the there on foot. we walked with the lectures, buddies, and my friends. We didn't only walk, while walking we learned history about Thailand and history monument in the road. And then we arrived in other temple, the name of temple was Wat Ratchanadda.  We took picture together at there for our memories. And then , we took a bus for visiting other place, namely Wang Lang market. Before we went to Wang Lang market, we had to crossed over the river, Chao Praya with a ferry. After arriving,  we had a lunch together. After that, Miss Nina allowed for surrounding the market. And she said we had to go to in front of the market at 3 pm.


We waste time together in Bangkok



                  I explored the Market with my friend,her name was Nila. I taught that the market sold everything, likes, clothes, foods, accessories, souvenirs, beverages, cosmetics and others. The market was very crowed and I wasn't tired to surround the market. We found many new things that we never seen before, likes foods and clothes. I only bought a watch and a pack of candy in the market. Okay, then, we went back to our dormitory by VRU van with lectures and buddies. I was tired but fun. I would miss Thailand so much.


Sunday, August 26th 2018

                 That Sunday, I didn't have a plan for holiday and practice teaching. I only took a rest in dormitory with my roommate. Because I was still tired. I only enjoyed my last days in Thailand. I feel I didn't leave Thailand but I had to come back to Indonesia because I had to continue my education in Indonesia. In afternoon, I prepared my lesson plan , my material and my method for my last teaching practice. Tomorrow would be my last practice teaching in Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung school. And my buddy, Miss Bam told me via lien that my topic was some, any, every, no. And I taught secondary students grade 8, namely M. 2/1 and M.2/2. So, I prepared all in one day.


Monday, August 27th 2018

               I practiced teaching in secondary school. After ceremony , I came in the classroom, the name class was M.2/1. As warming up, I showed them two pictures, namely pictures of honey and banana. And the, I asked my students what is the name of the pictures, and I asked which picture is countable noun and which picture is uncountable noun, and which picture use many or much and which pictures use a few and a little. They could answer that correctly. I was proud to them. I taught they have understand about previous topic, because my question about previous topic. After that I presented the topic, I explained the differences and using of  some , any , every, no. I showed them the example of them, and then my students, one by one made a sentence about them orally. They were very smart because they could make simple and good sentences. So, I taught they have understood about this topic. I asked them for doing some exercise from book. The exercise was complete the sentences with some, any, every, or no. That was simple exercise but it makes students understood more about the topic. After they finished, I asked my students for presenting their tasks, they read their task, one by one and we checked together whether the answer was true or false. And , for wrap up, I made conclusion and reminded my students for using of some, any, every and no.  

                   I finished for teaching at the class of M.2/1/, I had another class but still grade 8, namely M.2/2 and with same topic. So, I did some teaching method and same stages. Because it was same topic and grade. So, it didn't matter if I did same step studying with this class. The class was ended at `10.30 am. And my teaching practice schedule was done. I went to office while waiting for lunch time. And after that, I didn't practice teaching again. That was my last teaching practice day. I was free and happy that finished my work in Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung school.


Tuesday, August 28th 2018

                  It was the time for my friends and me to say good bye to people in the school. I felt time was very fast. I taught, yesterday I arrived in Thailand and right now, I would say good bye to Thailand. I was sad. In the morning, after carrying out the ceremony, My friends and I did a speech in the stage. We said thank you to all people of the school We thanked to all teachers that advised and supported us and thanked to our buddies that helped us when we got difficulties and unknowing in the school. And the special thanks for my students that always make me happy in the school. I would miss about Thailand especially Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School. And then we did apologize to them because We taught that we might do something wrong in the school or our behavior disappointed  them during we did the project in the school. Oh we cried together when we spoke the speech.T_T. Not only that, The director of Boon Khum Rat Bun Rung School gave a souvenir as memory for us, there was a wallet that made of woven. It was very pretty. And I wasn't patient to visit Thailand again to see them. I hoped I would come again in Thailand. See you again Thailand especially Phatum Thani. 

We made speech for saying good bye on the stage

The director gave us the wallet as a memory for us



                 At 12.30 pm, we went to VRU for attending Farewell party and cultural exchange. I and my friends, Maharani would sing a song from North Sumatera, the song title was Anak Medan. Anak Medan was one of a song from North Sumatera. The song was created by Freddy Tambunan, the genre of the song was pop Batak Toba. The message conveyed to the song is' Loyalty to friends (friends), struggling hard on overseas land, even though we are difficult or happy, we must always be happy. We arrived  in VRU about 1.00 pm. After arriving, we prepared our outfit, make up, the song and practice our vocals. I had to be a professional singer for this party because I wanted to show my culture in this party.

                  The party started at 2.00 pm., Miss milk as the master of ceremony opened the party. the first show was regional dance performance from Thailand which were danced by students of  VRU Demonstration School. They were very nice for dancing and they were very beautiful with regional outfits. And then, all participants showed their performances based on their regional. My frineds from Palu danced traditional dance from Sulawesi, and students from Aceh performed Saman dance. And my friends and I sang Anak Medan in fifth session. I was happy to sing that song and before we sang, we explained to audiences about the meaning and history of the song. So, after all teacher-students did their performance, we all took a rest and ate foods that were served by VRU. The foods were very delicious and made me full. After that, the party continued, the next session was giving the souvenirs. The mentors gave souvenirs to teacher students and teacher students gave souvenirs to the mentors. It was very nice and then, VRU gave certificate to each participants. And the party was ended at 5.30 pm. And then I came back to the dormitory and I wanted packing my clothes and others because my flight was 7.30 am. 


We celebrated the farewell party and the teacher-students wore regional outfits

We danced Thailand dance together

My friends and I sang Anak Medan in farewell party


We took a rest and getting meals together

My friends and I gave a souvenir to our mentor


Wednesday, August 29 2018

                 It was the time that we went home to my house in Indonesia. My flight would be at 7.30 am and we had to prepared myself early. And Miss Nit said, the van would be picked my friends and I at 5.00 am and one of  the lectures would bring us to the airport. So, we had to get up early. I had packed my baggage last night. So, I wasn't hurry that morning.

                  The van came at about 5 am. And Miss View was out of the car and help me to hang my baggage, she was very nice. So, we waste about 30 minutes to the Don Mueang airport. After arriving, we thanked to the Miss View and the driver for helping us and We checked in and waited for the our flight in the airport. And then, we go home Indonesia.ohhh...see you Thailand....

Miss View brought us to the Don Mueang Airport

See you Thailand and I hope I will come back again


                     I think that's all my activities in forth week for SEA-Teacher Project in Thailand. In my opinion, this week is the most amazing because the fort week I get new experiences, I meet all participant in field trip and farewell and I learn about Thailand cultural through farewell party and I get holiday with the lectures in field trip. Actually, it is really hard to say good bye. I will remember all of Thailand and good things in Thailand, especially Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School. I will miss students' bright and cheerful face and I will miss teachers' friendliness and love them so much. People of Thailand is very nice. I can't reply their kindness. Thank you readers who read my blog, I hope you get knowledge and entertainment from my blog and don't forget to share my blog to others and please give comments about my blog or about me or give me advise and suggestion if you think I must get them. I will thank you if you do that. Thank you so much.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Third Week ( Teaching Practice and Evaluation Day)

            Sawaddi kha              Hi ! Hi ! Hi ! meet me again in my blog. I hope you aren't bored to visit my blog. I am very happy when you are read my blog and get kindness, information, knowledge and entertaining from my blog. Thank you so much for still reading my blog.                I think time is very fast . This is my third week in Thailand. I still practice teaching in this week. I teach primary students and lower secondary students. I am very excited teaching in Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School. And I get news from Miss Nina, my mentor that I get my evaluation day in this weeks. Ouhhhh I am very nervous but I must not be panic because I think I can do it. And, I say happy reading for my blog. I hope you are happy after reading this blog.  Thursday, August 16th 2018                After attending the ceremony, I had a class in primary grade 2. I would teach about color again. I have prepared my lesson plan, the materials and my mental for today. I w

Teaching Practice

A. Procedures of teaching I taught from Monday to Friday , before I taught in the classroom, I did class observation and to be a teacher assistant. I observed the teaching and learning process for a week in the first week. At the second week, I was be a teacher assistant for helping the teacher to prepared the material, lesson plans and instructional media and controlled the class. I taught in third week, I prepared my lesson plan and sent it to my mentor before teaching in the class . I also prepared learning method, the material and instructional media for my teaching practice.         B. Time Management and organizing activities Time management and organizing activities is one of the most important things that teachers should have. The teacher should be able to manage the time start from the greetings, warming up,giving explanations about the material clearly,asking students to do the tasks, until conclude the material together with students. By time management, the te

CLOSING (Summary And Suggestion)

Assalamualaikum...                 For the closing, I only say thanks to you all and this project is very great. Because of this project, I have many new experiences from SEA-Teacher project in Thailand. I think my experiences of the project is very useful for my future. I may apply teaching system of Thailand  if I will be a teacher in Indonesia and because of this project my speaking English is more fluent than before. I am able to compare education system between Thailand and Indonesia. I learn many Thailand culture and Thai language. This is the best experiences ever. I never forget this. I will apply the teaching skills when I teach in Thailand in Indonesia. Not only that, I get new friends who are very kind and friendly.                Thank you so much for SEAMEO for making this project, so many teacher students get a chance for getting amazing experiences. Thanks a lot for Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University, because you receive me for studying at t