Langsung ke konten utama

Third Week ( Teaching Practice and Evaluation Day)

            Sawaddi kha

             Hi ! Hi ! Hi ! meet me again in my blog. I hope you aren't bored to visit my blog. I am very happy when you are read my blog and get kindness, information, knowledge and entertaining from my blog. Thank you so much for still reading my blog.



               I think time is very fast . This is my third week in Thailand. I still practice teaching in this week. I teach primary students and lower secondary students. I am very excited teaching in Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School. And I get news from Miss Nina, my mentor that I get my evaluation day in this weeks. Ouhhhh I am very nervous but I must not be panic because I think I can do it. And, I say happy reading for my blog. I hope you are happy after reading this blog. 

Thursday, August 16th 2018
               After attending the ceremony, I had a class in primary grade 2. I would teach about color again. I have prepared my lesson plan, the materials and my mental for today. I was ready for teaching. Firstly, students said greetings to me and I said greeting to my students. Before I presented the topic to the students, I gave the students warming up. I asked my students for counting 1-20, mentioning names of months and days. My students was very fluent for mentioning them. I was very glad because my students memorized all of them. And then, I presented my topic. My topic was still about colour. I gave them pictures of colour in Plasma TV. I asked what name of the color. The students still remember the name of color although not all colour. I asked my students for reading and spelling the name of colour which I showed in Plasma TV. They read and spelled together. I didn't teach the topic too much because last week, the students have studied, so I only reminded it to the students and they still remember about the name of colour. I loved them, they were very smart. And last, I asked them to do exercises that related about colour. The exercise was from the textbook. The exercise was students must colored the pictures and wrote the names of colour based on they coloured. They were very happy because they like coloring.

             At 10.30 a.m., I had other class,that was secondary school, grade 9. The name of class was M. 3/2. I still taught about listening about Miss Universe Korea interview. I used same lesson plan, same material, and same method. Firstly, I gave some pictures and I asked students to discuss about the pictures, likes, what is the picture, where is the place, who is she, who are they? and then students answered the question in the class. And then, I explain the pictures. And I told about Miss Universe Korea and I asked them for listening the video and answer the question, I gave them the worksheets.

           After they finished, we checked together the answers and I asked students, one by one for reading the question and answer.  I taught it had many times, so I demonstrated the presentation about myself and my country as I am Miss Universe. After that, my students made the presentation about themselves and their country in their notebook. Next, they did the presentation in front of classroom. But, time was over. So, it would be continued in the next week. Next week, the students did the presntation with one by one in front of the classroom. And I didn't class again for that day.


Friday, August 17th 2018
              That day, school was closed. It closed because many students joined the competition in other school. So all teachers came to the competition for accompanying the students. And school was closed and there was no school activities for today.  But, Thai students teacher still came to school  and didn't wear uniform and wore sport outfit. However, my activities was not free. Last night, my mentor told me that my evaluation day would be on Monday. At 9 a.m. I came to school to meet Bam. Because I have made an appointment with her last night to meet up in the morning. I had to see her because she wanted for giving me a topic for my evaluation day. And I met with them and gave me an English textbook. She told me my topic was a lot of, lots of, a few, few, a little, little. After that, I prepared my materials, my lesson plan, and my teaching in library. At noon, I came back to my dormitory and I would finished it at my dorm. I made the PPT Slide, media and lesson plan immediately. Because I had to be ready for my teaching evaluation in Monday. Good luck for me.

Saturday, August 18th 2018
             It was weekend and school was free. And then, I didn't have a plan for having holiday for this day. Because I still prepared my teaching evaluation. My lesson plan and material haven't finished, so I wasted my free day for preparing them. I looked for references via internet about teaching and my topic. And I believed that I could it well.

Sunday, August 19th 2018
            It was Sunday and I had an appointment with my buddy for excursion. Yesterday, she said that we would go to Asiatique. Asiatique The Riverfront is an expansive open-air mall with river views and a cutting-edge 'festival market and living museum' concept. Firstly, Petch, my buddy pick me up in my dormitory at 12.30 pm. And we left dorm at 1.00 pm and we went to Future Park by taxi before going to Asiatique. Because we wanted to get lunch at there. And then we meet other buddy, he is Jab. So, after getting lunch, We went to MRT station by a van. And we use MRT to go to Bangkok Station. After that, we took a taxi to visit Asiatique. I meet my lovely buddy at MRT,. Banana was my best buddy ever.

We took pictures in Bangkok Station with my buddies


                And then, we arrived in Asiatique, it was very awesome. It was very beautiful. There were many stores and shops. They sold everything, likes clothes, foods, souvenirs, and others. Not only that, in Asiatique we found the beautiful view. There were was a big Ferris wheel, I wanted to get on the Ferris Wheel, but it was very expensive, I had to pay 400 Baht for it. I wished I could get in the Ferris Wheel someday. I took many photos at there with my buddies. After that, we wanted to visit China Town. We took a bus and we arrived in China Town in a few minutes later. I felt I was in China, because the decoration was full of about China. There were many people sold foods, clothes and beverages. But, we stopped at ice-cream stand. We drank ice-cream together and this ice-cream was different with other ice-cream in the world. The ice-cream was only in China Town, Thailand. We have fun together in Bangkok. I never forgot this moment. I would miss my buddies, especially Banana when I came back to Indonesia.
 
We were in Asiatique for the first time



Monday, August 20th 2018
                    It was the day. I got my teaching evaluation day this morning. My evaluation day at 8.30 am. I was nervous but I had to do the best. And Miss Nina had arrived in Boon KhumRat Bum Roong School. And I have finished my lesson plan, my material, and my worksheet, and also my mental. And Miss Nina sat behind the classroom. I started my teaching. My topic was A lot of, lots of, a little, little, a few, few. I gave my lesson plan to Miss Nina before I taught in front of classroom.

              Before studying, students said greeting and I replied it. And I gave warm up, likes I reminded them about the different countable and uncountable noun. And I asked them for mentioning examples of countable nouns and example of uncountable nouns. So, I taught my students still remembered about that. So, I presented to them about the topic. And I presented my topic through the projector. I explained the using of a lot of, lots of, a few, few, a little, little.

My students mentioned examples of countable and uncountable nouns

                     After that, I made a games based on group, one group consist of 9 students. And then, I would show a picture and students determined whether the picture used a few or a little. Next, my students did the worksheet that I prepared last Saturday. And then my teaching was finished at 9.30 am. Oh my god ! I had to meet Miss Nina for discussing about my teaching. Miss Nina said my teaching is not good. And I had to do teaching evaluation again for remedial. Miss Nina was very kind to me. She gave me some tricks of teaching, some advises, some suggestions, and a chance. Miss Nina said that she would evaluate me again next week. Okay, I would prepare myself for next week. And then I didn't have activities again because I didn't teaching schedule for this day except the evaluation.

I presented the topic to the students


Tuesday, August 21th 2018
         Last afternoon, Miss Nina called me that my evaluation day wasn't next week, but tomorrow morning. Yes this day, that was on Tuesday and the topic was still same likes yesterday. So, after calling Miss Nina, I prepared my material, my topic and my lesson plan. I only revised them. I looked for a video which related with my topic. I prepared my teaching stage in one night. And I searched references about teaching and my topic in internet. I trusted that tomorrow, my teaching was better than yesterday. My teaching evaluation would be at 12.30 pm.

            I had a class at 8.30 in primary school. Yes, I had to teach at there. And I taught them about "my face". I would give them vocabularies about nouns in our face. Firstly, I asked my students for doing warming up. My students counted 1-20, mentioned names of days, names of months, names of colours. And then, I drew a picture, likes hair, ears, eyes, nose, mouth in the whiteboard. And I asked my students for guessing what I drew and after they answered so I wrote the vocabulary and I read and spelled it.  And I was happy because many students know what I drew and answered it with English. Some students taught me about my face in Thai. Hehehe, we shared knowledge each other. Next, my students repeated the vocabularies after I read and spelled the vocabularies. I demonstrated for saying the words and showed what I said, example I said my ears and I showed my ears. And then I asked my students for doing it together. Now, I asked my students with one by one for doing it. It was time for giving my students some exercise about my topic. The exercise was from their textbook and I explained them how to do that, my students understood so they started to do that. After they finished the exercises, I collected their books.


I drew a picture and my students guess what I draw


I demonstrated for saying the words and showed what I said


I helped my students for doing his excercise

                 It was my time for evaluation day. Miss Nina has arrived in Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School. I was ready because I had prepared myself.Miss Nina sat behind the classroom. The opening of studying was greetings, and then I presented a warm up. I gave a video . And My students watched to the video. The video had duration about one minutes. The video was ended. And I asked my students, for mentioning countable nouns and uncountable nouns from the video. I taught my students had understood about the different between countable noun and uncountable noun. Ir was my time for presenting the topic. The topic was still same with last topic. I used PPT slides as my media. I showed some pictures that related with the topic, so my students understood for determining a lot of, lots of, a few, few, a little, little. After that I gave examples for making a sentence about the topic. So, I asked my students for making a sentence orally. Not only that, some students made the sentences in the whiteboard, so all students could check and understand how to make good sentences. And time was over. I finished the studying. And I gave conclusion about the topic. Then, I met Miss Nina for knowing about my teaching. And I was happy because Miss Nina said my teaching was better than yesterday, and Miss Nina said that I had to keep learning till the end. So, my activities was finished for this day. And I thanked to Mr. Tam,  my teacher tutor and my buddy, Bam. They helped me for preparing my teaching.



My students watched and listened to the video


I explain the topic and showed the pictures that related woth the topic


My students made a sentence about the topic in the whiteboard


My students made a sentences orally




Wednesday, August 22th 2018
               I didn't come to school this day, but school isn't free. School still opened. Actually, I had asked permission to Mr. Tam that I couldn't come and He gave it. I didn't come to school because today is Eid Al-Adha. Eid al-Adha  is an Islamic holiday. On this day the sacrifice is commemorated, when Prophet Ibrahim, who was willing to sacrifice his son for Allah, then the sacrifice was replaced by him with sheep. On this holiday, Muslims gather in the morning and perform Ied prayers together in the field or in the mosque, such as when celebrating Eid al-Fitr. After the prayer, sacrificial animals were slaughtered, to commemorate God's command to Prophet Ibrahim who slaughtered the sheep as a substitute for his son.

               This morning, my friends and I were ready go to mosque at 6.00 a.m. We went to mosque by a public transportation. We wasted about five minutes for arriving there. And we arrived at 6.30 a.m. We met new friends at there. They are Thai and muslim. We introduced ourselves and told about our purpose to come in Thailand and we shared about culture in Thailand and Indonesia for celebrating Eid Al-Adha. We prayed at 9.00 a.m. after praying, the mosque committees gave us some foods likes rice, chicken curry, goulash, cakes, rambutans, pears. We ate the foods together with other pilgrims in the mosque. It was very different in Indonesia. In Indonesia, after praying Indonesian people don't eat together but Indonesia people make a pilgrimage after they pray in the mosque.  I was very happy for today because I could celebrate Eid al-Adha in other country. 

We celebrated Eid Al-Adha in Thailand





             Hi readers, thank you so much for reading my blog. I have told almost my all activities in third week in Thailand. I hope the readers get knowledge, experience and others from this blog. I hope your comment, suggestion, or others about this blog. Because I like when someone give me comment and suggestion for me. Don't forget share this blog to others. And be patient for reading my blog about last week's activities in Thailand for my next blog. See you ... bye... bye... sarangheyo...





Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

CLOSING (Summary And Suggestion)

Assalamualaikum...                 For the closing, I only say thanks to you all and this project is very great. Because of this project, I have many new experiences from SEA-Teacher project in Thailand. I think my experiences of the project is very useful for my future. I may apply teaching system of Thailand  if I will be a teacher in Indonesia and because of this project my speaking English is more fluent than before. I am able to compare education system between Thailand and Indonesia. I learn many Thailand culture and Thai language. This is the best experiences ever. I never forget this. I will apply the teaching skills when I teach in Thailand in Indonesia. Not only that, I get new friends who are very kind and friendly.                Thank you so much for SEAMEO for making this project, so many teacher students get a chance for getting amazing experiences. Thanks a lot for Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University, because you receive me for studying at t

Second Week (Teaching Assistant and Teaching Practice)

                 Aloha...                Meet me again in my blog. I will continue my blog about my activities in Sea-Teacher Project in Thailand. This my second week and my observation week have done, and I think I am success in my observation in Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung school. And I love this school because all people are so kind and friendly and not only people of Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung school and I love citizen, which around Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School because they are so nice, friendly, humble and helpful. Okay ,, I think that all my introduction for this blog and happy reading my daily activities during one week in second week.   Thursday, August 9th 2018 The celebration of Mother's day                There was not learning activities for today. Today, this school celebrated Mother's day. Actually mother's day was on August 12th in Thailand, but it was fine if this school celebrated for this day. In mother's day, people wore blue as dr